Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Examining the Ozobots

I opened my first pair of Ozobots to observe the contents of the package today. I haven't turned on the Ozobots yet and will explain what they are and how they function in a future post.


 One of the reasons I purchased this coding robot for my classroom is because of the size and flexibility of use. You can't tell by the case, but the hand on the left is swiping on a tablet (Apple or Android devices) and the hand on the right is drawing on paper. I work in 3 schools that use different mediums of technology and needed something that could be versatile to meet my needs.

I purchased them on Amazon for $89.99/pair with free shipping and handling. If you plan on having students work on paper I suggest also purchasing Sharpies as well.
In the case you will find 2 Ozobot robots secured in their case. I really like the white one because it is easy to see the inner workings of the robot through the clear casing.

The image below shows how small the Ozobots really are. You see the top view of the white one and the side view of the black one.
                     
Once opening the bottom part of the package, I found an array of extra components. My new Ozobots can be fashionable with their new space inspired suits or be protected with their very own hard case with yet another matching space inspired garment.
      

To end my exploration of my Ozobot package I found their universal charging cords. The length of the "cord" seems a little short to plug in. That is the only part of this package that I don't believe was created with full functionality in mind. The gray sections are act as gribs when you are trying to unplug from the Ozobot or computer.