Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer Professional Development

This summer I have already started looking into Professional Development opportunities in the area. Brighton Area School's Share Time Program requires all their teachers to complete 30 hours of PD each year. There has been a big change for this coming school year though. I will be required to complete 30 hours that provide SCECHs or are provided by the school district. Luckily, they give us $95 towards this. I have a few options:

  1. LearnPORT SCECH courses
  2. U of M Online PD 
  3. PD that offers SCECHs 
I like going to conferences and workshops in person because I am able to be more active in my learning and also meet new teachers. Below are the PD I am already signed up for this summer:

July

August

  • Brighton Area School Summer Tech PD
    • Classroom Website - Using School World and Weebly
    • Promethean - How to add interactive strategies to your lessons
    • Promethean - How to add advanced interactive features to your lessons
    • Chrome Browser Accessibility for Struggling Learners - add ons, apps, extensions
  • Brighton Area Share Time In-Service
  • IHM-St. Casimir Catholic School Differentiated Instruction Workshop 
  • IHM-St. Casimir Catholic School NWEA Data & Curriculum PD
If you know of any PD in the Lansing or Metro Detroit area that provides SCECHs please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment